Thursday, July 10, 2008

Arroz con Pollo


This picture does not even begin to convey just how delicioso this arroz con pollo (chicken and rice for my non-Spanish speaking friends out there) tasted. This is Ingrid Hoffman's recipe from Simply Delicioso on Food Network (click on the word "delicioso" in the previous sentence to go to the recipe)(Yes, I steadfastly hold to my right to intersperse parenthetical phrases throughout my writing with reckless abandon. I'm trying to get my commas under control, so cut me some slack already.). Despite the fact that she is about as Miami South Beach as you can get I can't help but like her and think she is a pretty cool chica. Now,you may look at this recipe and think that you don't have time to make this, or the ingredients don't scream "life-altering chicken and rice yumminess on plate!" to you. I, however, am here to tell you that you must make time to make this because it is, in fact, life-altering chicken and rice yumminess on a plate(!). Sorry, I had to get all stern and use the mom voice on you, but it's for your own good. You'll thank me for it later.

No comments: