Friday, July 4, 2008

Nature and I Kiss and Make Up

If you read my most recent post or my diatribe on fire ants, you may have the impression that I am a total hater of the world of nature . Not so! Let me take this moment to share with you nature that I actually enjoy (primarily because it doesn't viciously attack me without provocation).

My cactus has been a very happy camper this year. This is the first time we have had these lovely little blooms. It has also been prodigiously sprouting new paddles like prickly little tumors.



My girls have dubbed this guy "Slowy" because he's a turtle, and he's slow. I thought he looked very exotic amongst the sand and tiny yellow flowers. These photos were not taken at the beach, by the way, this is across the street from my house. It's what we have instead of dirt.


Last, but certainly not least, is my areca palm. I have this planted just outside my bedroom window as a privacy screen. Having it there really creates a tropical ambiance.

Oh, there are other flora, fauna, and critters in the natural world for which I have a fondness, such as raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens (name that tune), but, for now, I hope you have enjoyed our little photographic stroll through the more benign features of my yard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the cacti Isn't great to be able to grow these and not worry about the cold :)