Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Open Mouth, Insert Cookie



I have a good excuse for making cookies again so soon. No really, I do. We were late for Sunday school which meant the girls received NO TREATS! in the reception area before going to class. As you can imagine, this was a very serious situation. To prevent E. from having a complete meltdown (not an unheard of event when she is hungry) I assured her that I would make special treats for them that afternoon. Be glad because these cookies and yummy tasty. I decided to make snickerdoodles for three reasons: they are delectable, I had all the ingredients, and they are fun to say. Go on say it. Snickerdoodle, snickerdoodle, snickerdoodle. You may remember these cookies from your junior high home/ec class (M). I ran out of white sugar for the cinnamon/sugar coating and had to use brown sugar, but my grandma and I decided they were much improved for the substitution. They had a very crisp exterior while maintaining a light and airy interior. You may remember from my beans & cornbread entry that this is a texture combo that brings joy to my heart. Here is the recipe I used: http://www.popularcookierecipes.com/Snickerdoodle.html. Coming soon: D vs orange peel textured walls.

No comments: